The Students Advocate for Tax (SAT) sets to organise Tax summit and launch the #TheNigeriaWeDesire Campaign and in Osogbo, Osun State.
Students Advocate for Tax (SAT) seeks to achieve a better Nigeria that is tax driven through student participation. Since its inception, SAT members through tax rallies, articles, paintings, seminars, etc have been reaching out to their school communities and the larger society, spreading the gospel of taxation for a better Nigeria.
The campaign is aimed at sensitizing the general public on the importance of Taxation and how it contributes to National Development.
The program is a 5-days event slated to run through Tuesday 17th of April 2018 to Thursday 26th of April 2018.
The theme of the program is “The Impact of Taxation in Building the Nigeria We Desire.”
The breakdown of the program are as follows:
1. Tuesday 17th of April, 2018 – Sensitization Show on NTA TV Osogbo, 6:00pm
2. Thursday 19th of April, 2018 – Sensitization Show on OSBC RADIO 104.5 FM Osogbo, 10:00am
3. Tuesday 24th of April, 2018 – Sensitization Show on OSBC TV Channel 32 UHF, Osogbo.
4. Wednesday 25th of April, 2018 – Peaceful Tax Rally across major roads in Osogbo, 9:00am
5. Thursday 26th of April, 2018 – Tax Summit, @ Osogbo City Hall, Olonkoro, Osogbo. 9:00am
The programme is in collaboration with major stakeholders on tax in the state, viz; Osun State Board of Internal Revenue Service (OIRS), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Chattered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), Office of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Taxation, Osun State Ministry of Finance, Osun State Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning.
We hereby implore the general public to deem it fit to be at the Summit, as issues of National interest will be discussed.
Advocate Babawale J. Popoola
Students Advocate For Tax (SAT)