The Honourable representing Irepodun/Olorunda/Orolu/Osogbo federal constituency, Bukola Oyewo has announced a scholarship programme for the tertiary institutions students in his constituency.
Oyewo made this announcement on Wednesday adding that the scholarship programme will be for students who are indigens and residents of the four Local Government Areas that make up the constituency.
Read about the programme here
HON. ‘BUKOLA OYEWO ESSAY & ORATORY CONTEST FOR TERTIARY INSTITUTION STUDENTS OF IREPODUN/OLORUNDA/OROLU/OSOGBO FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY
THIS CONTEST IS SPONSORED BY HON. OLUBUKOLA OYEWO, MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, IREPODUN/OLORUNDA/OROLU/OSOGBO FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY
1. Participant must be a student of any tertiary Institution in Nigeria.
2. Contestant must be an indigene/Resident of one of the four Local Governments that constitute Osogbo Federal Constituency (Irepodun, Olorunda, Orolu and Osogbo)
3. Photocopies of current School I.D card, Admission Letter and State of Origin/Voters Card (for residency confirmation purposes only) should be brought to the venue for screening at the Semi-final Stage.
4. Participants are urged to dress decently to venue of the Semi-final to avoid any embarrassment.
Application Starts: Wednesday, 21st of August 2019
Application Ends: Sunday, 7th of September 2019
RULES OF THE CONTEST
a. Within the entry period, starting from Monday, 21st August 2019, participants are to write an essay of not more than 1000 words submitted to email@example.com on or before 7th, September, 2019
b. All essays must be original and free from plagiarism
c. Successful candidate from this stage will be notified and shortlisted for the second stage- Quarter-Finals
d. Participants may choose either of the following topic at the entry stage :
i. Crude Oil in Nigeria; A Coin of Two Opposing Sides.
ii. Sustainability of Democracy in a Dwindling Economy.
a. At this stage, participants are required to write another essay of not more than 1500 words, to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Shortlisted participants will be qualified for the Semi-finals.
c. Essay topics and time frame for this stage will be communicated to successful candidates.
SEMI-FINAL AND THE GRAND FINALE
a. Semi-Final and Final will be held same day
b. Candidate is expected to present their ideas orally on the subject matter given to them.
b. Judges will be drawn from different sectors – both public and private
AWARDS AND PRIZES
1. Certificate for all Participants
2. Letter of Credence for Second Stage participants.
3. Consolidated Prizes for all Semi-Finalists
4. Scholarship Award for the best 3 Orators
5. Special Recognition Award for the Overall Winner.